Saturday, November 3rd: 50km no-drop gravel ride around the UK's Surrey Hills with Quoc, visiting four of the finest viewpoints in the area - can you make it?
Join Quoc and our friends from Pannier.cc for a relaxed, no-drop gravel outside of London this weekend amidst the splendour of the Surrey Hills. Better known for road rather than gravel thanks to events like RideLondon, the area nevertheless offers up some top-class trails, perfect for CX, All-Road, Adventure, or slightly wider-tyred bicycles. Everyone is welcome, but please take a look at the notes below regarding recommended equipment, where you'll also find GPX files for a couple of the popular route websites. And if you want to come, just turn up - no registration required.
- When: Saturday, November 3rd @ 10 am
- Start: Box Hill and Westhumble Station / Pilgrim Cycles Bike Shop
- Registration: Nope - just turn up
- End: The Stepping Stones Pub, Westhumble
- Distance: 52km
- Weather: We'll ride rain or shine
- Route: Mixed terrain ride with gravel tracks, fire roads, tarmac and some mud
- Ideal Gear: 30mm minimum tyres, mtb-style cleats or grippy flats, and mudguards
- Food Stop Options: Pilgrim Cycles KM0, Peaslake Stores, KM16/20, Leith Hill tower KM26, Coldharbour KM30, Rykas Cafe KM49, The Stepping Stones Pub KM52
- Safety: This is a 'we're going for a ride, want to join us?' meet. Which means all riders need to be self-sufficient, have tools, spares and clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Fun: Lots
- Route files: Ride With GPS | Komoot | Downloadable GPX file